Friday, 16 September 2011

Leaving London

Sorry its taken so long to post another blog update. Starting from where I left off…Monday morning we said goodbye to Alisha’s friend Sabine who was flying back to Austria where she lives. Then the two of us checked out of the hostel, checked our bags in for the day and headed out to catch a bus tour. Alisha had been in contact with the Drisners and we had made plans to meet them in front of Buckingham Palace at 12pm. Unfortunately the bus tour took longer than we expected. By 12pm we were still half way across town. We figured out the closest stop to Buckingham Palace and booked it. We ran through St. James Park and made it to the Palace by 12:45. Thankfully it didn’t take long to spot the family. It turned out that the changing of the guard was at 12pm so if we had been on time, it probably would have been impossible to find them anyways. Regardless, it was a huge relief to meet up with them. We spent the rest of the afternoon sight seeing on foot around downtown. Everything is very expensive to go inside and tour so  we just took pictures from the outside. Later in the afternoon we went back to the hostel to pick up our bags and grabbed the Underground to the airport. Our flight left at 9pm London time and was an overnight flight to Entebbe. Monday was a completely exhausting day and I crashed on the plane ride. I’ve never been able to sleep on planes but I slept on this one. I have to admit I was extremely happy to be leaving London. It was a busy and tense weekend for me and one I’m glad is over with. One day I will go back to London and really enjoy it but for this trip it ended up being a crazy layover.

No comments:

Post a Comment