Saturday, 15 October 2011

Food for Thought

Sue, Alisha and I went up to the Timothy Center on Wednesday night to help at one of the girls’ many study sessions. These girls seem to spend most of their waking hours (from 3:30am to 10pm at night) studying. This particular session involved all of the girls in the science stream and as Sue is a science teacher, she goes up each week to help them with their work. Although I took IB Chemistry four years ago, the information didn’t come back to me as quickly as I had hoped and I felt pretty useless. Next time I’ll attempt Biology and see if I can be of more help. Sue had been chatting with the girls and they had shown interest in learning how to do some baking. Alisha and I volunteered to help so today we went up and did a few demonstrations. I showed the girls how to bake banana muffins, Sue did a chocolate cake and Alisha made sugar cookies. We brought back the baked goods and had tea with the girls. They loved it! We had a lot of fun as well and it was yet another opportunity to get connected with life up at TC.







No comments:

Post a Comment